Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Fun


Hope you all had a great weekend! We did. We had a friend over Friday night that we haven't seen in awhile. It was good to catch up. Saturday Kinley and I ate at Monicals with Sally, Anna, David, Mom, and Drew. Yummy! We also watched Alvin and the Chipmunks at Mom's which was really cute. Then Saturday night we went to Jason and Laura's house for supper. We had yummy lasagna. Thanks Laura! Today we had a good service at church. The message was on the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues. I only caught part of it because I was in the nursery, but what I heard was good. Ben just went scripture by scripture. We ate lunch at Chris' mom and dads and Kinley and I just got back from my mom's where we ate supper. It was a busy weekend but fun. In case you are wondering, the picture is of Kinley's pile of clothes after he has unloaded his bottom two drawers, which he does at least once a day. Just thought I would catch it on camera. He has also been putting any clothes he can get his hands on of Chris and mine on the floor and rolling on them. Not sure what that is about but it is cute. :)
I also wanted to say a little bit about my sister, Sally since it is her birthday today.
So, these are the top 5 reasons why I love my sister. (in no special order)
1. She is always there to listen to me, even if I'm just rambling
2. She loves me enough to tell me the truth when I need to hear it
3. Her heart for worship and to see others enter in to worship
4. The way she loves her kids and husband
5. Her love for Christ and others
Love you sister! Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Smileyface said...

Hey friend...just wanted to say thank you to you too...we have missed you guys more than you'll ever know. And Jason has REALLY missed Chris likewise, so make sure to tell him. When I told him what you said, he laughed and said "that's pretty cool." It's so good for him to hear cuz for so long he prayed for God to send him male friends instead of all the females ;) Oh, and he has downloaded a new game that took ALL night overnite until we got home from church!!! thanks to chris' manly computer friend influence..ha ha.
Let's not wait so long to get together again next time...I'll talk to my aunt jen, maybe we could all get together there, jason loves my uncle john too and we would have fun.
Hava great week...Love you more...

Mary Sue said...

Is it too soon to teach Kinley to FOLD the clothes? :)

SLP said...

Thanks Mandy--I love you too!