Thursday, November 27, 2008

A kiss in the pit of ick

Yes, I stole Laura's "pit of ick". We have experienced that here at the VanHoveln household as well the last couple of days. Kinley got sick with the flu Tuesday afternoon. He threw up four or five times and then just layed around watching cartoons the rest of the day. I got it in the night Tuesday night. I can't say having the flu while being pregnant was very fun. By the end of the day I couldn't tell if I was naseuas because I needed to eat or because of the flu. The best part of the whole experience was that I put Kinley in bed with us Tuesday night because I couldn't even sit up to rock him or I had to go to the bathroom. He just snuggled up and after a few minutes he sat up, leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. What a precious gift in the middle of yuckiness. He hasn't done that for a really long time. Anyway, we are both feeling better this Thanksgiving morning, and I am very thankful for that. We are currently waiting for Chris to get home from morning chores so we can go to U. Joda and A. Janie's for Thanksgiving. Yummy! I thought it was a good sign when I got up to pee at 3:30am and couldn't go back to sleep for awhile just thinking about all the yummy food! Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Smileyface said...

Aw....sorry you guys had to get it. I had when I was pregnant with Gabe....it was awful!
Thankfully, none of the rest of us have gotten it and Gabe has had 1 whole GOOD night and 1 whole GOOD day, we're believing for the best.
Hope you guys hava great weekend.